Visit our website!

Monday, February 21, 2011

aTeam Ministries' Heart to HeART Gala

I got an email several months ago from an old friend asking if I wanted to do invitations for a charity event. We get asked to do this a lot, and I am always happy to do whatever I can, but I had no idea how amazing this event was actually going to be. What a blessing to have received this request and to have been invited to the event!  Here is the invitation we created. It was an adaptation of our IV500 design.
Just in case you haven't noticed from my previous posts, I graduated from the best university in the country...and they happen to be 2010's national football champions. Coached by Gene Chizik, I couldn't have been prouder this past year to be an alumna! But this past Saturday, my pride pretty much doubled!  Coach Chizik and his wife, Jonna hosted this benefit for aTeam Ministries  It was actually Jonna's idea and vision and aTeam was blessed to have been chosen by Jonna. Long story short, 10 local childhood cancer patients were partnered with 10 renowned artists and each of the artists and children created artwork to be sold at an auction. Here is an example of the artwork:
 
The evening began with the children arriving by limo!!! Coach Chizik greeted each child, took a photo with the family, and then the children and family entered the event "paparazzi style" down a red carpet. It was SO exciting! Here are the founders of aTeam as their son just got out of the limo.
Coach Chizik spent the next hour or so signing autographs and meeting everyone. Wow, was that exciting! I don't usually get star-struck, but I so was this time...lol! Luckily my husband thanked Coach for the email he sent our brother-in-law when his wife passed away last Fall...because I could think of NOTHING to say ;) Except maybe to say, "I'm taller than you in my heals," but maybe that wouldn't have been the best choice?

Afterwards was dinner, and because Jonna sadly had to miss the event, Coach's 13 year old daughter stepped up and filled in for her mom. I will tell you, they are doing something right with that girl. She spoke so eloquently about her faith and about how much her mother and father loved the Lord. I doubt there was dry eye in the room.
Next was the AUCTION! It was SO exciting. So fast-paced and cut-throat ;)  So fun to see how much money the paintings went for and how much aTeam benefitted.

Being the art lover and Auburn girl I am, this was pretty much the highlight of my year...at least until my son caught an amazing hit in left field the next day at his baseball tournament ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment