Visit our website!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Poem and Photo of the day


I went to a lovely memorial service last week for a very dear family friend. I can barely remember a time when I did not know this incredible lady. As I listened to her life's story (an educator for over 40 years, married to her husband for 59-1/2 years, beautiful family, etc.) , I reminisced about how blessed I have been my whole life to have had such amazing Christian women to look up to. The following poem was published in the program at the service. What an uplifting way to look at losing a loved one.


A ship sails and I stand watching till she fades on the horizon and someone at my side says 
She is gone

Gone where? Gone from my sight, that is all. 
She is just as large now as when I last saw her. 
Her diminished size and total loss from my sight is in me, not in her.

And just at the moment when someone at my side says she is gone there are others who are watching her coming over their horizon and other voices take up a glad shout
There she comes!

That is what dying is.
An horizon and just the limit of our sight.

Lift us up, Oh Lord, that we may see further

Bishop Brent

No comments:

Post a Comment