Visit our website!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Before and after

Who doesn't love a good before and after? I can't get enough! This one comes straight from my own powder room! We've lived in our house for 7 years now, but the house was built in '97. The bathrooms are SO mid-90's, so it was time for a change! I couldn't take the polished brass "builder grade" powder room for another minute, but because we're saving up for a kitchen remodel, I didn't want to spend much. So here is the 1st thing I did. This is the BEFORE. While it is a lovely light fixture, I wanted something with an oil rubbed bronze finish that is more en vogue these days. New bathroom light fixtures are not terribly expensive, maybe $100ish, but why spend it? I removed the light from the wall and painted it with this super cool new Rustoleum Universal spray paint.
Gloss
Then when I attached it back to the wall, I turned it upside down and added some shades instead of the globes it came with. The shades were super cheap and then I glued some beads to the inside to create the fringe. Here is the AFTER:


No comments:

Post a Comment