Visit our website!

Friday, February 5, 2010

My favorite quotes about love

Here are some great quotes you can put on your Valentine's cards. (Today is the last day to order ours!)

We love because He first loved us.
~1 John 4:19

'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.
~Alfred Tennyson

Love at first sight is easy to understand; it's when two people have been looking at each other for a lifetime that it becomes a miracle.
~Amy Bloom

Love: a temporary insanity, curable by marriage.
~Ambrose Bierce

Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking.
It is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.
~I Corinthians 13:4-8

Tell me who admires and loves you, and I will tell you who you are.
~Charles Augustin Sainte-Beuve

The love we give away is the only love we keep.
~Elbert Hubbard

I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.
~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

There is no remedy for love but to love more.
~Henry David Thoreau

The one thing we can never get enough of is love. And the one thing we can never give enough of is love.
~Henry Miller

Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear.
~John Lennon

And this one is for my hubby:

Grow old along with me, The best is yet to be
When our time has come, We will be as one
God bless our love, God bless our love

Grow old along with me, Two branches of one tree
Face the setting sun, When the day is done
God bless our love, God bless our love

Spending our lives together, Man and wife together
World without end, World without end

Grow old along with me, Whatever fate decrees
We will see it through, For our love is true
God bless our love, God bless our love

~Lyrics by John Lennon (based on a poem by Robert Browning), also performed by Mary Chapin Carpenter

No comments:

Post a Comment