Visit our website!

Monday, March 26, 2012

Do you remember any of your high school graduation gifts?


 This time of year has me thinking about all the families who have someone graduating from high school, college, or graduate school. I do not have anyone graduating this year, but was thinking back to my own high school graduation (in 1979, yikes talk about time going too quickly!).  Times have changed as have graduate needs especially with all the technology (our kids really can't imagine that no one even had PC's in our college years, and the computer we used for computer programing class was so large it was housed in its own building!) I know that my family and friends were very generous and gave me thoughtful and useful gifts to mark my graduation, but only one gift that I received do I still have and use today. 
The sewing box that I received for high school graduation, and didn't think was a very exciting gift at the time, but now really appreciate that it has endured as the one I still remember and use!

This sewing box with just the basic assortment of thread, needles, and a few items used for hemming or repairs was given to me by a neighbor and is still in use 33 years later! Probably because my sewing skills never progressed beyond basic repairs, this did the job.

Next I text-ed my three children, all high school graduates, about what was their favorite high school grad gift:
My text: "Hey, I'm working on my blog post, what was your favorite or most useful high school grad gift?
My 23 year old son replied: "Mom, you have a blog?" 
 Then (granted he is an engineer):    "A tool kit, very useful"
My 21 year old son, always a man of few words replied: "cooler"
I actually talked with my 19 year old daughter who said: The several sets of monogram towels she received are her most used gifts!

Let me know if you remember any of your high school graduation gifts!

In closing I have to mention our line of graduation announcements. Times have changed and rather than just the standard graduation announcement available through the school there are lots of options for announcements. Some include photos and space to let your family and friends know where you will be headed next.
Check out the Little Lamb Design Graduation Announcements, and have a great day!
Stella

No comments:

Post a Comment