Visit our website!

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Popcorn!

Little Lamb Design Popcorn and Movie invitation has been popular for all ages, as well as corporate events.


With all the talk of the Oscars last week I have had popcorn and movies on my mind. I haven't psyched myself up yet to see The Artist, even though everyone that sees it gives it a fantastic review. When I want to really relax and go to the movies I seem to be more drawn to a good action movie I can get lost in, like Safe House with Denzel Washington.  I give it a two thumbs up! I guess my movie taste is more like enjoying Bruce Springsteen over Opera!

Which brings me to the popcorn! I have been trying to eat healthier lately, and so was checking out some options with popcorn.  Below is a recipe I found for "Popcorn Trail Mix" on the GoodLifeeates website. So I decided to give it a whirl.  I whipped it up last night and snapped this photo before we all (4 of us) sampled it!
1 envelope Orville Redenbacher Natural Simply Salted 50% Less Fat, popped
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
2/3 cup raw, unsalted almonds
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup diced dried apricots
Pop the corn, toss with the cinnamon, then combine with the other ingredients.


My conclusion is this is definitely a healthy snack that satisfies you when you want something crunchy that wont weigh you down!  It was however a little lacking in flavor. The nuts and dried fruit were delicious but the popcorn just doesn't pack a punch without a little butter and salt! 

I think I will have to on occasion stick with just a little movie popcorn. We have the bucket that you buy once a year and refill for just a few dollars! We never have them fill it all the way up, but just get a little in there as it is even cheaper than a small, AND has the added benefit of really EMBARRASSING our children when we tote the bucket to the theater! 
I hope you get to enjoy the movie of your choice soon! Stella

No comments:

Post a Comment