Visit our website!

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Were our parents more glamorous?

Wedding photo of my parents leaving their 1950 ceremony.
I ran across some old photos the other day, and am struck by how my parents and their friends look so glamorous.  I'm not sure if it is the timeless quality of black and white or if they genuinely dressed nicer, but they seem so much more charismatic than the photos I have of myself and my friends at the same age. Even their photos from trips to the beach in their bathing suits (which my mother would have thanked me for not putting on the Internet!) seem charming and classy.
My parents on their honeymoon at Pat O'Briens in New Orleans.
I have a similar  photo of my husband and I at about the same age, but we don't look elegant! 

And one last photo I have to share.  Below is a photo of President Calvin Coolidge. The year is around 1924 and he is greeting Walter Johnson the Hall of Fame Washington Senator's baseball pitcher. Even sporting events back in the day seemed classy.  Ties for the men, dresses for women, hats for both, and note no one has disposable drink or food containers in hand. 
President Coolidge known to be a man of very few words is all decked out for a
baseball game where he greets Walter Johnson.

I can't resist mentioning if you have some old photos either classy and elegant or just dated and funny pull them out and use them on your next invitation.  Below are some Little Lamb Design invitations that have some fun with old photos.
IV137 is available in lots of different versions and can be a great use with that dated photo!
Little Lamb Design IV142 is perfect for an anniversary party.
Have a great day, Stella

No comments:

Post a Comment